Expert Reviewer Program
The Board of Psychology Enforcement Program is currently recruiting qualified
psychologists to review case materials, prepare written opinions and testify at administrative hearings.
Expert reviewers are paid $100 – $150 per hour, depending upon the services rendered, for case reviews, preparation of expert opinion reports and testimony at administrative hearings.
If you wish to provide this service to your community and be considered by the Board as an expert reviewer, you must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a current California psychology license in good standing
- Have forensic experience
- Have an active practice, defined as at least 80 hours per month in direct patient care, clinical activity, psychometric testing and/or teaching. However, at least 40 hours must be in direct patient care.
- Have five or more years of experience and expertise in specific areas of practice
- Have no prior or current charges or disciplinary actions related to any healing arts license, registration, certificate or credential to practice psychology or any other profession or occupation in any state in the United States or foreign country
- Have no criminal convictions, including any that were expunged or dismissed
If you meet the requirements and are interested in becoming an expert reviewer, please send the following documentation to the Board:
- A cover letter describing your current practice, work setting, forensic experience and why you are interested in serving as an expert reviewer;
- A completed Expert Reviewer Application and
- A current curriculum vitae.
Board of Psychology
1625 North Market Street, Suite N-215
Sacramento, CA 95834