Board Meeting Agenda
NOTICE & AGENDA
Friday, January 9, 2015, 1:00 p.m.
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd, El Dorado Room N-220
Sacramento, CA 95834
Teleconference Phone Number: (916) 574-8500
Participant Access Number: 1114
Participant Password: 060434
Junipero Serra Building
320 West Fourth Street, Room 8A
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology
18111 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 209
Irvine, CA 92612
8920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 334
Beverly Hills, California 90211
Michael Erickson, PhD, President
Nicole J. Jones, Public Member, Vice-President
Lucille Acquaye-Baddoo, Public Member
Johanna Arias-Bhatia, Public Member
Miguel Gallardo, PsyD, Vice-President
Andrew Harlem, PhD
Jacqueline Horn, PhD
Stephen Phillips, PsyD
Linda Starr, Public Member
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Karen Johnson, Licensing Coordinator
Jonathan Burke, Administrative Coordinator
Colette McDowell, Continuing Education/Renewals Coordinator
Norine Marks, DCA Legal Counsel
Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
1:00 p.m. – OPEN SESSION
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Board meeting.
The Board welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
Call To Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
1. President’s Welcome
2. Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Task Force Report (Arias-Bhatia)
Recommendations to the Board of Psychology Regarding Feedback to the Senate Business, Professions, and Economic Development Committee for the Sunrise Hearing for ABA Regulation
3. Telepsychology Committee Report (Phillips)
Recommendations to the Board of Psychology Regarding Feedback to the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB) draft Interjurisdictional Telepsychology Compact
4. Discussion and Consideration of Business and Professions Code Section 2903 - Licensure Requirement; Practice of Psychology; Psychotherapy; Fee (Horn)
5. Discussion and Consideration of Business and Professions Code Section 2982 – Expiration of License/Birth Date Renewal (A. Sorrick)
6. AB 1775 (Melendez) – Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act – Mandatory Reporting of Electronic Viewing of Child Pornography (Jones)
Discussion of impact
7. Executive Officer Duty Statement – Revisions (Erickson)
8. Regulation Update, Review, and Action as Necessary (J. Burke)
- Title 16, CCR, Section 1397.12 – Uniform Standards Related to Substance Abuse and Disciplinary Guidelines (J. Burke)
- Title 16, CCR, Sections 1388, 1388.6, 1389, 1392 – Examinations, License Requirements and Waiver of Exemption, Reconsideration of Examinations, Psychologists Fees (J. Burke)
- Title 16, CCR, Sections 1397.60, 1397.61, 1397.62, 1397.67 – Definitions, Continuing Education Requirements, Continuing Education Exemptions and Exceptions, Renewal after Inactive or Delinquent Status
- Title 16, CCR, Section 1380.5 – Filing of Addresses (J. Burke)
9. Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Board Meetings
10. Public Comment for Items not on the Agenda
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, and items scheduled to be heard on Thursday may be held over to Friday, items scheduled to be heard on Friday may be moved up to Thursday, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.