NOTICE & AGENDA
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd., Second Floor, El Dorado Room
Sacramento, CA 95834
3610 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
8920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 334
Beverly Hills, California 90211
Los Angeles Harbor College
1111 Figueroa Place, Suite NEA147
Wilmington, CA 90744
Ronald Reagan State Building
300 South Spring Street, Auditorium
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Teleconference Phone Number: (866) 509-3031
Participant Code: 44835535
Stephen Phillips, JD, PsyD, President
Nicole J. Jones, Public Member, Vice-President
Lucille Acquaye-Baddoo, Public Member
Johanna Arias-Bhatia, Public Member
Michael Erickson, PhD
Miguel Gallardo, PsyD
Andrew Harlem, PhD
Jacqueline Horn, PhD
Linda Starr, Public Member
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Karen Johnson, Licensing Coordinator
Jason Glasspiegel, Administrative Coordinator
Jacquelin Noonan, Continuing Education/Renewals Coordinator
Monday, April 4, 2016
If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at the physical location. Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
Monday, April 4, 2016
10:00 a.m. – OPEN SESSION
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Board meeting.
The Board welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
2. President’s Welcome
3. Public Comment for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
4. Review, Consider, and Approve Board Responses to the Sunset Background Paper from the Senate Business, Professions, and Economic Development Committee for Submission to the Committee on April 14, 2016
5. Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Board Meetings. Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
6. The Board will Meet in Closed Session Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3) to Discuss Disciplinary Matters Including Proposed Decisions, Petitions for Reconsideration, and Stipulations.
Return to Open Session
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, and items scheduled to be heard on Thursday may be held over to Friday, items scheduled to be heard on Friday may be moved up to Thursday, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.