LICENSING COMMITTEE MEETING
NOTICE & AGENDA
Department of Consumer Affairs
1747 N. Market Blvd., Hearing Room #186
Sacramento, CA 95834
Jacqueline Horn, PhD, Chairperson
Nicole J. Jones, Public Member
Stephen Phillips, JD, PsyD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Manager
Cherise Burns, Central Services Manager
Karen Johnson, Licensing Coordinator
Jacquelin Everhart, CE/Renewals Coordinator
Chris Siepert, Licensing Analyst
The Board plans to webcast this meeting on its website on Monday, September 19, 2016. Webcast availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties that may arise. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at a physical location. A link to the webcast will be available on the Board’s Website at 10:00 a.m., Monday, September 19, 2016, or you may access it at: https://thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
Monday, September 19, 2016
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or until completion of business
1. Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
2. Public Comment(s) on Items Not on the Agenda: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meting (Government Code Section 11125 and 1125.7(a)
3. Discussion of Requests for Extensions to Accrue continuing Education and Exceptions to the CE requirements.
4. Approval of the Licensing Committee Minutes: June 30-July 1, 2016
5. Review of and discussion on proposed new statutory language regarding coursework in Suicide Risk Assessment and Intervention
6. Review and Assessment of Current Licensing Requirements, Recommendation to Stakeholders for Consideration: Proposed Amendments to Existing Sections of Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations: 1381, 1381.1 & 1381.2 (Applications); 1381.4 (Failure to Appear for an Examination); 1381.5 (Failure to Pay Initial License Fee); 1382, 1382.3, 1382.4, 1382.5, 1382.6 (pre-licensing courses); 1386 (Education); 1387 (Supervised Professional Experience); 1387.1 & 1387.2 (Qualifications of Primary and Delegated Supervisors); 1387.3 (Non-Mental Health Services); 1387.4 (Out-of-State Experience); 1387.5 (SPE Log); 1388, 1388.6, 1389 & 1389.1 (Examinations-Waiver/Reconsideration); 1387.7, 1390, 1390.1, 1390.2 & 1390.3 (Registered Psychologists); 1387.6, 1391, 1391.1, 1391.2, 1391.3, 1391.4, 1391.5, 1391.6, 1391.7, 1391.8, 1391.10, 1391.11 & 1391.12 (Psychological Assistants); 1392.1 (Psychological Assistant Fees)
7. Discussion, Review and Consideration of the Proposed Revisions to Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations; Sections 1397.60, 1397.61, 1397.62, 1397.67, 1397.69, 1397.70 (CE/CPD); Recommendation to Full Board
8. Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Board Meetings. Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future committee meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
9. Closed Session – The Licensing Committee will meet in closed session pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(2) to consider applicants’ qualifications for licensure and to make recommendations to the Board.
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, and items scheduled to be heard on Thursday may be held over to Friday, items scheduled to be heard on Friday may be moved up to Thursday, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.