OUTREACH AND EDUCATION COMMITTEE TELECONFERENCE MEETING
NOTICE & AGENDA
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd., El Dorado Room
Sacramento, CA 95834
Los Angeles Harbor College
1111 Figueroa Place, Suite NEA147
Wilmington, CA 90744
Teleconference Phone Number: (866) 509-3031
Participant Code: 44835535
Alita Bernal, Chair
Jacqueline Horn, PhD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Cherise Burns, Central Services Manager
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Coordinator
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Program Manager
Karen Johnson, Licensing Coordinator
Jacquelin Everhart, Continuing Education/Renewals Coordinator
Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
1:00 p.m. – OPEN SESSION
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Committee meeting.
The Committee welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
2. Chairperson Welcome
3. Public Comment for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting[Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)] 4. Approval of the Outreach and Education Committee Minutes: January 15, 2016
5. Strategic Plan Update (A. Sorrick)
6. Communications Plan Update (A. Sorrick)
7. Social Media Update (C. Burns)
8. Website Update (C. Burns)
SOLID to Present on Focus Group on User-Friendliness of Board Website (D. Zanchi)
9. Update on Newsletter (A. Sorrick)
10. Outreach Activities Update (A. Sorrick)
11. Access to Mental Healthcare in the State of California Campaign Update (A. Sorrick)
a. Review and Possible Action on Draft Outreach Plan for High Schools, Community Colleges, and State and University System to Increase Licensing Population – Access to Mental Healthcare Campaign (L. Acquaye-Baddoo)
b. Discussion of Lack of Third Party Payer Reimbursement for Telehealth Services – Access to Mental Healthcare Campaign (DMHC, DHCS)
12. Use of Social Media Guidelines for Appropriate Use of Social Media (J. Horn)
13. Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Committee Meetings. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
Except where noticed for a time certain, all times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of committees of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee at the time the item is heard, but the Chair may, at her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email email@example.com or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.