Outreach and Education Committee Notice & Agenda
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd., El Dorado Room (Second Floor, Room 220)
Sacramento, CA 95834
The Board of Psychology will hold a Board Meeting, as noted above, and via telephone conference at the following locations:
Alita Bernal, Chair
Lea Tate, PsyD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Cherise Burns, Central Services Manager
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Unit Manager
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Coordinator
Friday, May 17, 2019
10:00 a.m. to – 4:00 p.m.
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Committee meeting.
The Committee welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Chairperson Welcome
- Public Comment for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting
[Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
- Approval of the Outreach and Education Committee Minutes: April 6, 2018
- Review and Consideration of Revisions to the Goal of the Outreach and Education Committee – Recommendations to the Board
- Strategic Plan Update
- Review and Discussion of Outreach and Education Goals
- Strategic Plan Action Plan Update
- Review and Potential Action on User-Friendliness Website Focus Group Notes – Recommendations to the Board
- Discussion and Possible Action on Best Practices for Licensees Using Social Media – Recommendations to the Board
- Communications Plan Update
- Board’s Social Media Update
- Website Update
- Update on Newsletter
- Outreach Activities Update
- Updates on Communications and/or Activities of the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB)
- DCA Brochure “Professional Therapy Never Includes Sex” – Update
- Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Committee Meetings. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
Except where noticed for a time certain, all times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board or its committees, at the time the item is heard, but the President or Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Board members who are present who are not members of the Committee may observe, but may not participate or vote.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email email@example.com or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Links to agenda items, with exhibits are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
The goal of the Outreach and Education Committee is to provide critical information to all Californians regarding the evolving practice of psychology, relevant and emerging issues in the field of psychology, and the work of the Board.