LICENSING COMMITTEE MEETING
NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
Department of Consumer Affairs
1747 N. Market Blvd., HQ2 Hearing Room #186
Sacramento, CA 95834
Jacqueline Horn, PhD, Chairperson
Seyron Foo, Public Member
Mary Harb Sheets, PhD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Manager
Cherise Burns, Central Services Manager
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Manager
Mai Xiong, Licensing and BreEZe Coordinator
Mary Lynn Ferreira, Licensing Analyst
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Coordinator
Liezel McCockran, Continuing Education and Renewals Coordinator
Thursday, June 13, 2019
The Committee plans to webcast this meeting on its website. Webcast availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties that may arise. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at the physical location. Adjournment, if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session, may not be webcast. A link to the webcast will be available on the Board's Website at 9:30 a.m. on June 13, 2019, or you may access it at: https://thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. A link to agenda items with attachments is available at www.psychology.ca.gov prior to the meeting date.
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or until completion of business
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment(s) for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
- Approval of the Licensing Committee Meeting Minutes: January 11, 2019
- Licensed Educational Psychologist (LEP): Presentation by Board of Behavioral Sciences Regarding LEP Functions for Discussion
- Foreign Degree Evaluation Services: Discuss Possible Amendments to Business and Professions Code Section 2914
- Informational Video for Supervisors: Discussion and Recommendations for Content to be Included in the Video
- Laws and Regulations
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Discussion and Consideration for Grievance Process: How to Resolve a Discrepancy between Weekly Log and Verification of Experience
- Review and Consideration of Revisions to the Goal of the Licensing Committee for the Strategic Plan: Recommendations to the Board
- Licensing Report
- Continuing Education and Renewals Report
- Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Licensing Committee Meetings. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
- Closed Session – The Licensing Committee will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(2) to discuss and consider qualifications for licensure
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
In the event a quorum of the committee is unable to attend the meeting, or the committee is unable to maintain a quorum once the meeting is called to order, the president or chair of the meeting may, at his or her discretion, continue to discuss items from the agenda and to vote to make recommendations to the full board at a future meeting.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board or its committees, at the time the item is heard, but the President or Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Board members who are present who are not members of the Committee may observe, but may not participate or vote.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Links to agenda items, with exhibits are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
The goal of this committee is to ensure valid licensing, continuing education, and licensure renewal policies and procedures, making recommendations for changes as appropriate. The committee will also ensure a valid and reliable examination process to assess professional knowledge, as well as the laws and ethics governing the profession, working with such entities as the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB) and the Department of Consumer Affairs Offices of Professional Examination Services.