NOTICE OF TELECONFERENCE BOARD MEETING
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd., El Dorado Room (Second Floor, Room 220)
Sacramento, CA 95834 (916) 574-7720
(no board member is expected to be present at this location)
Conference Call Line: (866) 509-3031
Participant Code: 44835535
The Board of Psychology will hold a Board Meeting, as noted above, and via telephone conference at the following locations:
|8920 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
|1000 N. Alameda St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 610-8866 ext. 221
|9330 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92129
|500 Davis St, Suite 100
San Leandro, CA 94577
|Lassen Training Room
Caltrans District 2 West Venture Building, 1st Floor
1031 Butte St.
Redding, CA 96001
|Cerritos Field Office-HQIU
12750 Center Court Drive South,
Cerritos, CA 90703
700 San Jacinto Blvd.
Austin, TX 78701
November 8, 2019
Stephen Phillips, JD, PsyD, President
Seyron Foo, Vice-President
Sheryll Casuga, PsyD
Mary Harb Sheets, PhD
Jacqueline Horn, PhD
Lea Tate, PsyD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program
Cherise Burns, Central Services Manager
Evan Gage, Special Projects Analyst
Friday, November 8, 2019
1:00 p.m. – OPEN SESSION
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Board meeting.
The Board welcomes and encourages public participation at its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
2. President’s Welcome
3. Public Comment for Items Not on the Agenda. Note: The Board May Not Discuss or Take Action on Any Matter Raised During this Public Comment Section, Except to Decide Whether to Place the Matter on the Agenda of a Future Meeting [Government Code sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)].
4. Review and Possible Approval of Board’s Sunset Report (A. Sorrick)
5. Update Regarding Mathews v. Becerra - California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) and Mandated Reporting - Penal Code Sections 261.5, 288, and 11165.1
6. Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Board Meetings. Note: The Board May Not Discuss or Take Action on Any Matter Raised During This Public Comment Section, Except to Decide Whether to Place the Matter on the Agenda of a Future Meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)].
7. The Board will Meet in Closed Session Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3) to Discuss Disciplinary Matters Including Proposed Decisions, Stipulations, Petitions for Reconsideration, and Remands.
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
Except where noticed for a time certain, all times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
In the event a quorum of the Board is unable to attend the meeting, or the Board is unable to maintain a quorum once the meeting is called to order, the president may, at his discretion, continue to discuss items from the agenda and to vote to make recommendations to the full board at a future meeting [Government Code section 11125(c)].
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email email@example.com or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
The Board of Psychology protects consumers of psychological services by licensing psychologists, regulating the practice of psychology, and supporting the evolution of the profession.