Board Meeting Agenda
BOARD AND CONTINUING EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEETINGS NOTICE & AGENDA
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Boulevard
Monterey Room (3rd Floor, Room N-322)
Thursday, July 11, 2013
9:30 AM - OPEN SESSION
The Board welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard.
Call To Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
1. Public comment for items not on the agenda. (Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a).)
2. Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3), the Board will meet in closed session to discuss and vote on disciplinary matters including stipulations and proposed decisions.
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(a)(1), the Board will meet in closed session to discuss the continued employment of the Executive Officer unless the Executive Officer exercises his right to have this agenda item heard in open session. If the matter is heard in open session, the Board may still meet in closed session to conduct its deliberations pursuant to Government Code section 11126(a)(4).
4. If necessary, depending on the action of Agenda Item 3, the Board will meet in closed session pursuant to Government Code section 11126(a)(1) to discuss and possibly take action regarding the appointment of an Acting or Interim Executive Officer.
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
5. Report on Actions Taken in Closed Session (if necessary, pursuant to Government Code section 11125.2).
6. Process for Selection of a New Executive Officer (if necessary, depending on the action of Agenda Item 3.)
Adjournment of Board Meeting
Approximately 1:00 PM
CE COMMITTEE MEETING
A quorum of the Board may be present at the Committee meeting. Board members who are not on the Committee may observe, but may not participate or vote. The committee meeting will begin with voluntary introduction of attendees.
Continuing Education Committee – (Gallardo – Chairperson, Harlem, Arias-Bhatia, Erickson)
The Committee welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any agenda issue at the time the item is heard.
1. Consider Draft Language Regarding Continuing Education/Professional Development Regulations
2. Public comment for items not on the agenda.
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board's web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Robert Kahane, Executive Officer, or Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer at (916) 574-7720 or email email@example.com or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Any other requests relating to the board meeting should be directed to Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer, at the same address and telephone number.
This agenda as well as Board meeting minutes can be found at the Board's web site at www.psychology.ca.gov. Links to agenda items with exhibits are posted on our website prior to the meeting date once agenda packets are finalized.