Outreach and Education Committee Teleconference Meeting
Notice & Agenda
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd., El Dorado Room (Second Floor, Room 220)
Sacramento, CA 95834
No committee members will be present at this location,
which is an additional location for staff and the public.
Bureau of Automotive Repair
6001 Bristol Pkwy, Suite 100
Culver City, CA 90230
Los Angeles Harbor College
1111 Figueroa Place, Suite NEA147
Wilmington, CA 90744
3010 I Street, #5
Sacramento, CA 95816
Call-in Number: (866) 509-3031
Participant Code: 44835535
Alita Bernal, Chair
Jacqueline Horn, PhD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Cherise Burns, Central Services Manager
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Program Manager
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Coordinator
Konnor Leitzell, Student Assistant
Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
Friday, April 6, 2018
11:00 a.m. to – 1:00 p.m.
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Committee meeting.
The Committee welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Chairperson Welcome
- Public Comment for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
- Approval of the Outreach and Education Committee Minutes: March 21, 2017
- Examination Subject Matter Experts Presentation (L. Snyder)
- Strategic Plan Update (A. Sorrick)
- Communications Plan Update (A. Sorrick)
- Social Media Update (J. Glasspiegel)
- Website Update (J. Glasspiegel)
- Update on Newsletter (A. Sorrick)
- Outreach Activities Update (A. Sorrick)
- Update on Outreach Plan for High Schools, Community Colleges, and State and University System to Increase Licensing Population (L. Acquaye-Baddoo)
- Two-Year Outreach and Education Campaign Update (A. Bernal)
- DCA Brochure "Professional Therapy Never Includes Sex" -- Update
- Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Committee Meetings. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board's Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
In the event a quorum of the committee is unable to attend the meeting, or the committee is unable to maintain a quorum once the meeting is called to order, the president or chair of the meeting may, at his or her discretion, continue to discuss items from the agenda and to vote to make recommendations to the full board at a future meeting.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board or its committees, at the time the item is heard, but the President or Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Board members who are present who are not members of the Committee may observe, but may not participate or vote.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Links to agenda items, with exhibits are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
The goal of the Outreach and Education Committee is to provide critical information to all Californians regarding the evolving practice of psychology, relevant and emerging issues in the field of psychology, and the work of the Board.