Licensure Committee Meeting
NOTICE OF LICENSURE COMMITTEE TELECONFERENCE MEETING
Friday, January 7, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or until Completion of Business
If Joining by Computer:
Event number: 2490 061 9566
Event password: BOP01072022
If Joining by Phone:
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Access code: 249 006 19566 followed by #
Passcode: 26701072 followed by #
If you have trouble getting on the call to listen or participate, please call 916-574-7720.
Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled, or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Mary Harb Sheets, PhD, Chairperson
Lea Tate, PsyD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jonathan Burke, Assistant Executive Officer
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Manager
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Manager
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Liezel McCockran, CE/Renewals Coordinator
Suzy Costa, Legislative and Regulatory Analyst
Sarah Proteau, Central Services Office Technician
Rebecca Bon, Board Counsel
Heather Hoganson, Regulatory Counsel
Friday, January 7, 2022
10:00 a.m. – OPEN SESSION
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment(s) for Items not on the Agenda.
Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
- Chairperson's Welcome and Opening Remarks.
- Approval of the Licensure Committee Meeting Minutes: July 16, 2021
- Staff Reports
- a. Licensing Report
- b. Continuing Education and Renewals Report
- Regulations, California Code of Regulations, Title 16
- a. Update, Review, and Consideration of Additional Changes
- 1. Psychological Assistants (§§ 1391.1, 1391.2, 1391.5, 1391.6, 1391.8, 1391.10, 1391.11, 1391.12, 1392.1)
- 2. Retired License, Renewal of Expired License, Psychologist Fees (§§ 1381.9, 1381.10, 1392)
- 3. Continuing Professional Development (§§ 1381.9, 1397.60, 1397.61, 1397.62, 1397.67)
- 4. Inactive Psychological Assistant Registration and Reactivating a Psychological Assistant Registration (§§ 1391.13, and 1391.14)
- 5. Psychologist Fees – California Psychology Law and Ethics Examination (CPLEE) and Initial License and Biennial Renewal Fee (§ 1392)
- 6. Disciplinary Guidelines and Uniform Standards Related to Substance-Abusing Licensees (§ 1395.2)
- b. Review, consider, and discuss proposed regulatory changes related to Pathways to Licensure – California Code of Regulations, Title 16, Division 13.1.
- Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Licensure Committee Meetings.
- Closed Session – The Licensure Committee will Meet in Closed Session Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(2) and Business and Professions Code Section 2949 to Discuss and Consider Qualifications for Licensure.
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
Due to technological limitations, adjournment will not be broadcast. Adjournment will immediately follow a closed session, and there will be no other items of business discussed.
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720.
In the event a quorum of the committee is unable to attend the meeting, or the committee is unable to maintain a quorum once the meeting is called to order, the President or Chair of the meeting may, at his or her discretion, continue to discuss items from the agenda and to vote to make recommendations to the full board at a future meeting.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board or its committees, at the time the item is heard, but the President or Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Board members who are present who are not members of the Committee may observe, but may not participate or vote.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email email@example.com or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Links to agenda items, with exhibits are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
The goal of this committee is to create and maintain a clear and efficient framework for licensure, examination processes, and continuing professional development through the Board’s statutes and regulations to ensure licensees meet the qualifications necessary to practice safely and ethically. The Committee communicates relevant information to its affected stakeholders.