POLICY AND ADVOCACY COMMITTEE MEETING
NOTICE & AGENDA
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 N. Market Blvd., Second Floor, El Dorado Room (2nd Floor, #220)
Sacramento, CA 95834
Ronald Reagan State Building
300 South Spring Street, Auditorium
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Teleconference Phone Number: (866) 509-3031
Participant Code: 44835535
Nicole J. Jones, Chair
Michael Erickson, PhD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Karen Johnson, Licensing Coordinator
Jacquelin Everhart, Continuing Education/ Renewals Coordinator
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Coordinator
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
Wednesday April 6, 2016
1:00 p.m. until Completion of Business
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Committee meeting.
The Committee welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
1. Call To Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
2. Chair Welcome
3. Public Comment for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
5. Review and Consideration of Legislation; Recommendations to Full Board
- a) Legislation Update and Review; Recommendations to Full Board (Jones)
- 1) AB 796 (Nazarian) Health Care Coverage: Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders – Update
- 2) AB 1715 (Holden) Healing Arts: Behavior Analysis: Licensing – Update
- 3) AB 1835 (Holden) Private Postsecondary Education: Exemptions - Position
- 4) AB 2017 (McCarty) College Mental Health Services Program - Position
- 5) AB 2086 (Cooley) Worker's Compensation: Neuropsychologists – Position
- 6) AB 2443 (Baker) Improving Mental Health Access for Students – Position
- 7) AB 2507 (Gordon) Telehealth: Access - Position
- 8) AB 2859 (Low) Professions and Vocations; Retired Category; Licenses – Position
- 9) SB 1033 (Hill) Medical Board: Disclosure of Probationary Status - Position
- 10) SB 1034 (Mitchell) Health care coverage: Autism - Position
- 11) SB 1101 (Weickowski) Alcohol and Drug Counselors: Regulation – Position
- 12) SB 1155 (Morrell) Professions and Vocations: Licenses: Military - Position
- 13) SB 1194 (Hill) Psychology: Board of Psychology: Personnel – Position
- 14) SB 1204 (Hernandez) Health Professions Development: Loan Repayment – Position
- 15) SB 1217 (Stone) Healing Arts: Reporting Requirements: Liability – Position
- b) Update regarding the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) and Mandated Reporting – Penal Code Sections 261.5, 288, and 11165.1 (Jones)
- c) Regulation Update and Review; Recommendations to Full Board (Jones)
- 1) Title 16, CCR, Section 1397.12 – Uniform Standards Related to Substance Abuse and Disciplinary Guidelines
- 2) Title 16, CCR, Section 1380.5 – Filing of Addresses
- 3) Title 16, CCR, Sections 1387, 1387.1 – Verification of experience, supervision plans
6. Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Committee Meetings. Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board or its committees, at the time the item is heard, but the President or the Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
Links to agenda items, with exhibits are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.