Notice of Outreach and Communications Committee
Teleconference Meeting & Agenda
The Board of Psychology will hold an Outreach and Communications Committee Meeting via teleconference
NOTE: Pursuant to the provisions of Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-08-21, dated June 11, 2021, neither Committee member locations nor a public meeting location is provided. Public participation may be through teleconferencing as provided below. If you have trouble getting on the call to listen or participate, please call 916-574-7720.
Important Notice to the Public: The Board of Psychology will hold a public
meeting via WebEx Events. To participate in the WebEx meeting, please log
on to this website the day of the meeting:
If joining using the link above:
Event number: 146 332 2965
Event password: BOP09232021
If calling in by phone:
+1-415-655-0001 (US Toll) Access code: 146 332 2965, followed by #
Passcode: 26709232, followed by #
Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found at the end of this agenda. Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by Friday, September 18, 2021, to email@example.com for consideration.
All agenda items are subject to action being taken on them during the meeting by the Committee at its discretion.
Lea Tate, PsyD, Chair
Shacunda Rodgers, PhD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jonathan Burke, Assistant Executive Officer
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Manager
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Manager
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Manager
Cristina Rivera, Legislative and Regulatory Analyst
Sarah Proteau, Central Services Office Technician
Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
Thursday, September 23, 2021
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Committee meeting
Committee welcomes and encourages public participation at its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Chairperson Welcome
- Public Comment(s) for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
- Approval of the Outreach and Education Committee Minutes: September 25, 2020
- Strategic Plan Update
- Social Media Update
- Website Statistics Update
- Update on Newsletter
- Outreach Activities Update
- Updates on Communications and/or Activities of the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB)
- Discuss and Develop Plan to Update "For Your Peace of Mind – A Consumer's Guide to Psychological Services"
- Action - Digital Divide – How Does the Digital Divide Impact Access to Telehealth
a. Draft Survey Questions to Assess Barriers to Telehealth
b. Determine Next Steps
- Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Committee Meetings. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
Except where noticed for a time certain, all times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board's Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board or its committees, at the time the item is heard, but the President or Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Board members who are present who are not members of the Committee may observe but may not participate or vote.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Links to agenda items, with exhibits are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
The goal of the Outreach and Communications Committee is to provide critical information to all Californians regarding the evolving practice of psychology, relevant and emerging issues in the field of psychology, and the work of the Board.