NOTICE & AGENDA
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
5855 West Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Stephen Phillips, JD, PsyD, President
Nicole J. Jones, Public Member, Vice-President
Lucille Acquaye-Baddoo, Public Member
Johanna Arias-Bhatia, Public Member
Michael Erickson, PhD
Miguel Gallardo, PsyD
Andrew Harlem, PhD
Jacqueline Horn, PhD
Linda Starr, Public Member
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jeffrey Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Karen Johnson, Licensing Coordinator
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Coordinator
Jacquelin Everhart, Continuing Education/Renewals Coordinator
Thursday-Friday, May 19-20, 2016
The Board plans to webcast this meeting on its website. Webcast availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties that may arise. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at the physical location. Adjournment, if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session, may not be webcast. A link to the webcast will be available on the Board’s Website at 8:30 a.m. May 19, 2016, or you may access it at: https://thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
Thursday, May 19, 2016
8:30 a.m. – OPEN SESSION
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Board meeting.
The Board welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
2. President’s Welcome
3. Public Comment for Items not on the Agenda. Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
9:00 a.m. – Petition Hearing
6. Petition for Reinstatement of Surrendered License– Linda K. Thompson, PhD
10:00 a.m. – Petition Hearing
7. Petition for Reinstatement of Surrendered License– Robert Weathers, PhD
8. CLOSED SESSION – WORKING LUNCH - FULL BOARD
The Board will meet in closed session pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3) to discuss disciplinary matters including the above petitions, petitions for reconsideration, stipulations, and proposed decisions.
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
1:00 p.m. – Regulatory Hearing
12. Executive Officer’s Report (A. Sorrick)
b) DCA Update
b) Title 16, CCR Section 1380.5 – Filing of Addresses
22. Policy and Advocacy Committee Report and Consideration of Committee Recommendations on Board Positions (Jones – Chairperson, Arias-Bhatia, Erickson)
2) AB 1715 (Holden) Healing Arts: ABA
3) AB 1835 (Holden) Private Postsecondary Education: Exemptions -
4) AB 2017 (McCarty) College Mental Health Services Program -
5) AB 2086 (Cooley) Workers Compensation: Neuropsychologists -
6) AB 2443 (Baker) Improving Mental Health Access for Students –
7) AB 2507 (Gordon) Telehealth: Access
8) AB 2859 (Low) Professions and Vocations; Retired Category;
9) SB 1033 (Hill) Medical Board: Disclosure of Probationary Status -
10) SB 1034 (Mitchell) Health Care Coverage: Autism
11) SB 1101 (Wieckowski) Alcohol and Drug Counselors: Regulation –
12) SB 1155 (Morrell) Professions and Vocations: Licenses: Military –
13) SB 1194 (Hill) Psychology: Board of Psychology: Personnel –
14) SB 1204 (Hernandez) Health Professions Development: Loan Repayment
15) SB 1217 (Stone) Healing Arts: Reporting Requirements: Liability -
23. Review and Consideration of Proposed Legislation and Positions (N. Jones)
b) SB 1334 (Stone) Crime Reporting: Health Practitioners: Trafficking –
c) Legislative Items for Future Meeting. The board may discuss other items of legislation in sufficient detail to determine whether such items should be on a future board meeting agenda and/or whether to hold a special meeting of the board to discuss such items pursuant to Government Code section 11125.4.
Friday, May 20, 2016
9:00 a.m. – OPEN SESSION
27. Licensing Committee Report and Consideration of Committee Recommendations – (Horn – Chairperson, Harlem, Jones, Phillips)
a) Review of Proposed New Statutory Language Regarding Coursework in Suicide Risk Assessment and Intervention
2) Diagram of the Legislative Mandated Coursework
3) Survey Results Showing which Graduate Programs Include Suicide Risk Assessment Training in its Curriculum
4) Review Proposed Draft Statutory Coursework Requirement
b) Review and Consider Draft Guidelines for Delegation of items to Board Staff
2) 30 Consecutive Month Limit to Accrue 1,500 hours of Pre or Post-Doctoral Supervised Experience
c) Pathways to Licensure: Review and Assessment of Current Licensing Requirements and Recommendations for Possible Amendment:
- Consideration of Proposed Amendments to Sections of Title 16, California Code of Regulations: 1381, 1381.1, & 1381.2 (Applications); 1381.4 (Failure to Appear for an Examination); 1381.5 (Failure to Pay Initial License Fee); 1387 (Supervised Professional Experience); 1387.1 & 1387.2 (Qualifications of Primary and Delegated Supervisors); 1387.3 (Non-Mental Health Services); 1387.4 (Out-of-State Experience); 1387.5 (SPE Log); 1388, 1388.6, 1389 & 1389.1 (Examinations-Waiver/Reconsideration); 1387.7, 1390, 1390.1, 1390.2, & 1390.3 (Registered Psychologists); 1387.6, 1391, 1391.1, 1391.2, 1391.3, 1391.4, 1391.5, 1391.6, 1391.7, 1391.8, 1391.10, 1391.11, & 1391.12 (Psychological Assistants)
- Report on Committee’s recommendations regarding applicant qualifications for licensure and possible Board approval of recommended actions.
28. Telepsychology Committee Report and Consideration of Committee Recommendations – (Erickson - Chairperson, Harlem)
b) Review of Public Comment by Adam Alban, PhD
c) AB 2507 (Gordon) Telehealth: Access – Position
29. President’s Report (S. Phillips)
a) Presentation to Outgoing Board Members
b) 2016 Meeting Calendar and Locations
c) Committee Updates
d) Review and Consideration of Draft Committee Delegation to be Included in the Administrative Procedures Manual
30. Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Board Meetings. Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
All times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or changed without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, and items scheduled to be heard on Thursday may be held over to Friday, items scheduled to be heard on Friday may be moved up to Thursday, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard, but the President may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email email@example.com or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.