Notice of Outreach and Communications Committee
Teleconference Meeting & Agenda
Friday, September 23, 2022
Important Notice to the Public: The Board of Psychology will hold a public meeting via WebEx Events. To participate in the WebEx meeting, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
If joining using the link above:
Webinar number: 2481 298 3232
Webinar password: BOP09232022
If joining by phone:
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Access code: 248 129 83232
Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found at the end of this agenda. Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by Wednesday, September 21, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
All agenda items are subject to action being taken on them during the meeting by the Committee at its discretion.
Lea Tate, PsyD, Chair
Shacunda Rodgers, PhD
Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer
Jonathan Burke, Assistant Executive Officer
Stephanie Cheung, Licensing Program Manager
Jason Glasspiegel, Central Services Manager
Sandra Monterrubio, Enforcement Program Manager
Suzy Costa, Legislative and Regulatory Analyst
Sarah Proteau, Central Services Office Technician
Links to agenda items with attachments are available at www.psychology.ca.gov prior to the meeting date.
Friday, September 23, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. or until completion of business
Unless noticed for a specific time, items may be heard at any time during the period of the Committee meeting.
The Committee welcomes and encourages public participation in its meetings. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board at the time the item is heard. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Chairperson Welcome
- Public Comment for Items Not on the Agenda. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
- Approval of the Outreach and Education Committee Minutes: September 23, 2021
- Strategic Plan Update
- Social Media Update
- Website Statistics Update
- Update on Newsletter
- Outreach Activities Update
- Presentation by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards on their Centre for Data and Analysis on Psychology Licensure InFocus Edition; Discussion and Questions to Follow.
- Review and Propose Edits to Board Publication “For Your Peace of Mind – A Consumer’s Guide to Psychological Services”
- Review and Propose Edits to Draft Survey Questions to Assess Barriers to Telehealth
- Recommendations for Agenda Items for Future Committee Meetings. Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting [Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a)]
Except where noticed for a time certain, all times are approximate and subject to change. The meeting may be canceled or the means by which the public may observe or comment may change without notice. For verification, please check the Board’s Web site at www.psychology.ca.gov, or call (916) 574-7720. Items may be taken out of order, tabled or held over to a subsequent meeting, for convenience, to accommodate speakers, or to maintain a quorum.
Meetings of the Board of Psychology are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The public may take appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board or its committees, at the time the item is heard, but the President or Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Board members who are present who are not members of the Committee may observe, but may not participate or vote.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Antonette Sorrick, Executive Officer, at (916) 574-7720 or email email@example.com or send a written request addressed to 1625 N. Market Boulevard, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Links to agenda items, with exhibits are available at www.psychology.ca.gov, prior to the meeting date.
The goal of the Outreach and Communications Committee is to provide critical information to all Californians regarding the evolving practice of psychology, relevant and emerging issues in the field of psychology, and the work of the Board.